Oh Thought Catalog, you rarely disappoint. Especially with this article by Rei Morikawa.
Has it been an hour since I had lunch yet?
I have three big slices of pizza to digest though, so maybe I should wait an extra hour today.
Will it start raining before I’m done running?
I don’t want to get stuck in a thunderstorm, catch a cold and not be able to run for the next month.
There’s not a cloud in the sky for now, but let me check the weather app just in case.
Mostly sunny with zero chance of rain for the next three days.
All clear, damnit.
Looks like the perfect day for running.
Yay? It looks a little chilly outside though.
Do I need a jacket, or is a long sleeve shirt enough?
I don’t want to overheat though, so maybe a long sleeve shirt with shorts? Or a tank top with running tights? So many combinations to choose from!
Someone once told me that having to make a lot of decisions depletes your motivation. Okay, whatever.
I’m wearing a t-shirt and shorts.
I have dinner plans tonight at 6 and it’s 3:30 now.
I need a half hour to stretch, take a shower and get ready, and another half hour to get to the restaurant. That means I can run for an hour and a half.
I can squeeze in at least a 10 miler.
Alright, I’d better get going then.
Holy shit, it’s burning hot. I’m too lazy to go back though.
I can just roll up my short sleeves and that’s the same thing as changing into a tank top.
Why is my iPod shuffling all slow songs right now? Give me something a little more fast paced.
It’s only been 5 minutes but my fingers are already too sweaty to control my iPod, so I have to endure this crap selection.
Why don’t I have a go-to running playlist like everyone else? It’s not that hard.
My left sleeve keeps falling down and I’m tired of rolling it back up every 15 seconds.
I’ll just leave both of my sleeves down.
They have to be even, obviously.
Alright, I’ve had enough. If another ballad comes up on shuffle I’m hitching a cab home.
Running is such a repetitive motion.
Why did people start running?
I mean, I know that pre-civilization homo sapiens ran to catch animals to eat. But why did people start running recreationally and competitively, like in the Olympics?
Why do people intentionally put themselves through such agonizing pain and suffering?
Get jazzy on it… This is my jam!
I’m so glad Jason came up on shuffle, just when I needed him the most. Good things really do come to those who wait.
I’m going to run a bit slower so I can sing along. Been around the world*gasp* don’t speak the language! But your *gasp* booty don’t need explaining!
Dammit, I can’t breathe.
- signed a contract today. to TEXAS i go. :) I can’t believe I bought into Princeton’s consulting craze. but it seems right. now for those cowboy boots… :P
- My half marathon is on Sunday!! I’m so excited! I haven’t been training as much as I should have due to thesis/knee and back pain, but I feel ready(ish). I think that whatever I lacked in training will be made up in the excitement of the day/crowd. Plus, it’s my birthday on Sunday. Who doesn’t feel invincible on their birthday? I know that it’s my first half ever, but I really want to finish around the 2hr mark. That’s the pace at which I’ve been training and I want to put forth my best effort even if it’s just for me. But whether that happens or not, I’m going to finish strong. (Side note: How can I not be inspired by the Boston Marathon runners/survivors? They’re amazing.)
- Going home early Thursday morning so that I can celebrate my little brother’s 15th birthday on Friday. We grew up celebrating our birthdays together since they are so close together. Plus, since he was born prematurely, my mother has still in the hospital for my 7th birthday and she said he was my present. I kind of treated him like my own as he grew up. I dreamt he was a baby again last night, and all sorts of nostalgia hit me. HE IS GROWING UP SO FAST MAKE IT STOP… but really, though. I feel guilty that I’m missing so many of his critical years. I feel like a bad sister. :/
- In less than a month I will be completely done with finals and will be looking forward only to reunions and graduation. Isn’t that freaking crazy?? I had dinner today with my three roommates from freshman year and it was so weird. Ah, the memories. We talked about our squirrel friend Ferdinand who kept coming in through our window and eating our food. Good times (and some bad). But I want to focus on the good.
- can’t believe it’s almost over.
"A girl and her bed on Sundays are an endless love affair."
"Your heart is so heavy, and I pitied you for it.
Before I realized it is heavy because you have so much love. You are pained because you’re all the good in the world trapped in one body, breaking at the seams, and you’re a beautiful explosion just waiting to happen."
i stubbed my toe on a 60lb weight.
~so much pain~